Mashovhela Lodge is situated in the Soutpansberg Mountains of the Limpopo Province in South Africa, close to Louis Trichardt / Makhado. It is also an ideal relaxing stop over en-route to and from Botswana, Zimbabwe, northern Kruger National Park and the Mapungubwe National Park.
Directions to MASHOVHELA LODGE driving from Gauteng
- Drive North on the N1 (Toll road) towards Polokwane (formerly Pietersburg)
- Just before Polokwane (about 10km) lookout for the road sign indicating N1 Louis Trichardt (as the sign boards keep changing here also look out for Mussina, Makhado, Tzaneen and Giyani) and take the off ramp.
- As you progress around Polokwane, keep following the signs to Louis Trichardt, Makhado or Musina.
- Passing Polokwane you will be on the N1 to Louis Trichardt and a sign board indicates Louis Trichardt 102 Km
- In Makhado/Louis Trichardt drive straight, passing two 4Way stops. Continue North passing a traffic circle. Set your odometer to 0 to measure 16km
- Pass Ingwe Ranch (from here you have 2 km to go)
- Pass the 120kmh speed sign and indicate to turn LEFT.
- At MASHOVHELA LODGE (MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE) sign board turn left and enter our gate.
- Follow the sand road and signs for 4km until you end up at the Lodge.
- Gate: S: 22° 56' 53.8" E: 29° 55' 27.4”
The closest commercial airport is at Polokwane which is approximately 120Km from the lodge. However private of chartered flights are possible to airfields near Louis Trichardt (30km from the lodge) or Musina (65km).
Transfers can be organised through the lodge which will be at an additional cost.
We look forward to hosting you at our Venda styled Soutpansberg accommodation.
Soutpansberg Accommodation | Eco-friendly Accommodation South Africa | Venda Culture | Louis Trichardt Accommodation | South Africa Culture