Be captivated by the Venda Culture full of mystical forests, sacred lakes and water spirits.
• The Dzata Ruins: where the Venda legends and interesting history of this very proud and colourful African tribe is brought to life by the relaying of actual stories and legends linked to the artefacts displayed there.
• A Venda Village: where one gets an intimate insight into how the Venda people live, their culture and here you are treated to a traditional Venda dance.
• Lake Fundudzi: which has always been related to the spirit world with a legendary large white python God living below the surface of the water and sometimes you can hear the Tshikona sing, although no one appears to be present. It is the home of the mythical python and white crocodile.
• Thathe Vondo Forest: the 'Holy Forest', with ancient trees and mountain ferns where all the great Venda Kings are said to be buried and so full of spirits that few Venda people venture into it for fear of the two mythical creatures keeping guard, namely the white lion and the thunder and lighting bird.
• Tshatshingo Potholes: which is a must see - beautiful waterfalls, river streams and nature.
• The scenic beauty of Venda and the Soutpansberg.
The Venda Tour is un-commercialised and totally authentic; once you have visited you will want to keep returning.